Updated: Jun 3, 2018
A deliciously moist loaf filled with the juicy goodness of blueberries. If you exclude the fruit it only has 1/3 cup of unrefined added sugar. It is still a sweet treat, but at least it is REAL food and has the added nutrient boost of LSA (Ground Linseed, Sunflower seeds and Almonds).
Not keen on a loaf? It can also be made into muffins.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA BLUEBERRY LOAF
Gluten free, Dairy free, Refined Sugar Free, Freezer friendly
1 1/4 cup gluten free self raising flour
1/2 cup LSA (or if nuts are an issue, try an unflavoured protein powder - such as pea protein)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4T extra virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup organic rice malt syrup or 100% pure maple syrup
3 ripe bananas
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 free range eggs - beaten lightly
3/4 cup frozen organic blueberries
1. Add the first 4 dry ingredients to a bowl.
2. Gently melt together the coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan.
3. Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl then add 2 lightly beaten eggs and the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. Add the oil and syrup mixture to the egg / banana mixture and combine.
5. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and gently fold together until combined.
6. Add the blueberries and gently fold them into the mixture. Take care not to over mix.
7. Spoon into greased muffins tins or pour into a baking paper lined loaf tin.
8. Fan bake in the oven at 170 deg for 16-20 mins for muffins. 40-50 mins for the loaf. Or until a skewer comes out clean.