Updated: Oct 16, 2021
A healthy on-the-go breakfast option. Or freeze and pull out the night before for school lunches. These salmon egg mini frittatas are super easy to make, tasty and highly nutritious.
Makes 12 Muffin Size Frittatas
250g of smoked salmon pieces
11/2 cups of finely chopped spinach
3/4 cup sweetcorn kernels (frozen & then defrosted)
3/4 cup of chopped broccoli or broccolini
1/2 cup - 1 cup of other chopped or finely diced vegetables such as capsicum/ bell pepper, mushroom, cooked and cooled carrot.
1 teaspoon of Moroccan seasoning
salt and pepper
1.Preheat the oven to 180 deg C (350 F).
2. Chop the broccoli and other vegetables into small pieces.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper, and Moroccan seasoning (or other herbs and spices).
4. Rub muffin tins with oil or line with baking paper.
5. Place the corn, spinach, chopped vegetables and small pieces of smoked salmon, into the muffin holes, and fill until two thirds full.
6. Pour the egg on top to fill.
7. Bake for 25-28 minutes until set.
8. Let cool, then use a butter knife to loosen the outside of the muffins. Serve hot or store for later. Pop into an airtight container to freeze.